The Southeastern Virginia Chapter, is a non-profit association affiliate of the Association of Talent Development. Programs are intended to provide members with professional education related to the field of Talent Development and to provide continuing education credits for certified members.
We appreciate your interest in submitting a proposal to share your experience and expertise.
All programs are held on the second Tuesday of the month from 6pm-8pm and are for one (1 1/4) hour.
No programs are scheduled for July and December. Please ensure the desired presentation date is noted on the form.
All proposals must be submitted 7 weeks prior to the month the speaker is requesting to present.
This is necessary for the proper promotion and venue confirmation. We request that all presentations are hands-on and have immediate take-aways that any average professional will be able to immediately use.
It is our desire that presentations are based on the ATD Competency Model as shown at the end of this form:
The program will be discussed and reviewed by the Director of Programs prior to formal submission if desired to ensure proper content and focus.
Submitting Program Proposal
All requests to present at a chapter meeting require:
- 1) Completed “Request to Present” form
- 2) Presentation materials (handouts, PowerPoint, speaker notes, etc.) in their final format
- 3) Personal biography (included in “Request to Present” form) and photo (preferably PNG)
- 4) All materials must be in Word and PowerPoint format when submitted
- 5) Speakers may provide additional proof of performance (videotapes, evaluations from past speaking engagements or letters of recommendation, etc.) to enhance their submission but it is not required.
Submit materials to the Director of Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
See the attached form for additional detailed information. Request for 2017 Speakers.